Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Pork Chops

Spotted by Rainier Ave:



I wonder if anyone called. The chances are good as the Pacific Northwest climate yields very interesting behavior.

Speaking of chances, you know what has no chance of lasting when placed in front of me right now? Pork Chops. Specifically Tea Garden's (also on Rainier) Salt and Pepper Pork Chops. I've been thinking about them since last night. They're lightly battered. Very juicy on the inside, some pieces with a little bit of fat. Then they're tossed with salt and finely chopped hot peppers. It's super salty goodness, the kind that will make your ankles swell with joy (and pain). My sister is a big fan. She will walk away from those pork chops with the beginnings of a rash around her lips from the spiciness.

When you're in a restaurant do you order a salad? Just wondering. I personally wouldn't order something I can make myself. Like, oh, I don't know, a plate of chopped lettuce with some dressing, a grilled cheese sandwich. Or, a piece of boring, skinless, boneless, chickenless chicken breast with two asparagus spears and a garnish of curly parsley. Although I did have a moment of weakness on one of my visits back home in Manila. This restaurant had a salad with fried kesong puti and calamansi dressing. I will admit that was one tasty salad.

I just drooled a little on my keyboard. YUCK.




But habitual salad-ordering? No thanks. I think I'd rather spend my money on something more substantial.

No comments:

Post a Comment