Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Best Case/ Worst Case

I'm really liking the idea of a long slinky skirt. Paired with a tee and a trim moto jacket or a simple sweater I think it would make you look like tall drink of water.



You'd be all, "oh I know my legs are long, don't look at them," giggle giggle.

On the other end of the spectrum, it could go very badly. The long skirt could swallow someone like me who's about 5'5". All right, 5'4". Okay I'm 5'3 and 3/4". And if I attempt to wear a long skirt that doesn't fit well I will most likely resemble someone Blackadder called, Stumpy Legs McNoLegs.

Here, take a look:





I also like the concept of menswear-inspired trousers. They're easy and low-waisted. You can haphazardly roll the cuffs and wear a cute striped top.



Then you can wear a belt because, you know, you have a 22 inch waist and, oh my, even the belt is too big for you so you had to add another notch with an x-acto knife. And you're known as an effortless dresser with a bit of a quirky side and all your shoes incite jealousy amongst your peers.

Worst case? I think you already know what the worst case is:




Right-o, that little fella in the middle is Oliver Twist. He too is a fan of rolled cuffs.

When winter comes I always think: this is the year I will wear hats. I dream of dark-colored cloches and vampy lip color. I imagine a beret laying on my head at just the right angle. I can almost hold a soft beanie in my hand. Most of all I dream of warm ears and the non-existence of hat head.





And then I actually start trying on hats and I simply have to face reality. Yes, my skull is odd-shaped and on the small side that hats just don't work. I mean, maybe I could force it.






Eeeh. Maybe not.

No comments:

Post a Comment