Saturday, June 26, 2010

Waka Waka

Did you get a glimpse of the USA vs. Ghana football match earlier today? Very exciting. I was glued to the couch. Okay, just kidding. I was watching but I had my laptop on, my notebook open, a pen in my hand, and a succession of coffees fetched by my pet monkey, Monoloco Von Wakawaka. Just kidding, again! Gotcha! The point is, I was multi-tasking but I wasn't completely ignoring the game. I kept my ear open for the commentators. You can tell it might get exciting when their tone of voice starts rising. And that was my cue to look up at the TV screen.

On a side note, what is up with those players who get hurt and are curled up on the grass then get taken away on a stretcher only to hop off the stretcher and get back in the game?!

What I did watch, seriously watch, were the matches with Spain involved. I can't help it. Have you seen Fernando Torres? Blond hair, dark hair, long, short, it doesn't matter. He hasn't been very helpful but I give him one million points for looks!

Spain's Fernando Torres in action..FIFA World Cup 2010 Group H..Chile v Spain..25th June, 2010.

Also, a big shout out to Jesus Navas. For you, 900,000 points!

June 21, 2010 - Johannesburg, Guateng, South Africa - 21 JUN 2010: Jesus Navas (ESP). The Spain National Team played the Honduras National Team at Ellis Park Stadium in Johannesburg, South Africa in a 2010 FIFA World Cup Group C match.

Iker Casillas is also cute but as the Brits would say, he looks kind of peaked. I'll stop now. Anyway, their upcoming match against Portugal should be very exciting.

If only Univision had really good quality HD I would watch their channel instead. There's nothing like excitable, Spanish-speaking commentators to enhance your World Cup experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment