Saturday, June 19, 2010

Make A Muscle




Don't judge but for a long time I held on to my gym membership without actually going to the gym. I kept that little ID with the rest of my keys. I paid that fee every month. I kept telling myself I will go, tomorrow and tomorrow. And you know what happened 'tomorrow?' I reasoned that getting an extra hour or two of sleep was just as important as a workout. According to recent studies, people who sleep less, gain weight more. And to borrow a line from SNL's Seth Meyers, a research study conducted by the University of My Eyeballs also concludes that the strained stitches on my jeans were most likely brought on by the same brilliant reasoning.

I have now canceled that membership that, by the way, was whittling away at my bank account. Why not take advantage of what's available and accessible? We have cable and internet. On Demand has a whole section for Fitness. Youtube has parts 1-10 of whatever your fitness dvd of choice is. And yeah, all right, apologies to whoever might have peeked at my window and saw me butchering the New York Ballet Workout. That's why one should never look into windows, they're a gateway to eye disease.

Truly, there is something for everybody. There's the trainer who's forced to work alongside a starlet who looks like her pelvic bones might shatter after a few more squats. There's the cheerleader with a smile that endures through roll ups and leg lifts. Or if you prefer tough love you'll find the screamer with neck veins and a small head telling you that, yes, it should burn.

Here's Lauren Cooper at the gym. She's always above it.


No comments:

Post a Comment