Saturday, May 22, 2010

TV By Accident

My parents used to call me their very own TV bug. I used to have a cocktail of TV programs I looked forward to after getting home from school. You know, the usual kids' stuff. A Tagalog soap opera or two, a little Doctor Who, then that one with the chimp as the lead, some Mr. Belvedere, a sprinkling of Captain Pugwash, maybe Duckula and Danger Mouse.

I admit I am still a bit of a TV bug to this day. Why, earlier this week I accidentally misplaced the remote control and could not change channels once MTV's The City came on. I mean, I don't really watch that. It was the remote control's fault. Just like those times I simply forgot to switch programs during Real Housewives of New York City. All accidental. On a side note, those housewives are the best at instigating arguments at the most inappropriate occasions. I know it's TV but, really? Who thinks, ooh, party on a yacht, perfect time to tell that girl she's a ho-bag?

Going back to The City...





That Olivia, she is something else. Walking around the Elle Magazine office with her inner thighs that have never once rubbed together, twirling her shiny hair, telling people that their conversation is over. She was assigned to interview Whitney and she never showed up. Instead, she blamed it on miscommunication. My favorite bit is Kelly Cutrone, Whitney's boss saying she'll attack Olivia like a shark under a glass bottom boat! It's Erin I'm most afraid for. She works closely with Olivia and their desks are just a few feet away. She might lose it. Olivia should watch her back. One of these days this might happen to Erin:






My other favorite bit is when Joe Zee and Erin fly to LA to shoot Fergie for Elle's cover. While Joe shows Fergie all the clothes for the shoot, Fergie offers some words of wisdom. She says, "you can't go wrong with some high-waisted shorts."

High-waisted shorts. Okay, maybe for a select number of women it might not look so bad but, in general, well, let's see. It has the potential to give a woman a severe case of came toe. It gives you an extra large pooch even if you don't have one. Your abdomen will look like it can fit about two more digestive systems in it, plus a toaster oven. So, No. Just say no to high-waisted shorts.

No comments:

Post a Comment