Wednesday, July 28, 2010

This One's Still About the Block Party

Here's a brief look back/ fashion guide to this year's Capitol Hill Block Party. If you were there then chances are you saw these clothing items or accessories.



Right. I don't why but I've just never understood this. I guess it's always exciting to see a muffin top at an unexpected body part. The hair is a good one. Besides, nothing says, I had a busy weekend, more than a tan line... on your forehead.

The shorts with boots look was another popular one at the Block Party. I've seen maybe a few pictures of people who could pull it off, people with legs up to their necks. Just kidding, that would look strange. Can you imagine? Head, neck then legs!Maybe if you were in some music festival held in a vast expanse of land with grassy knolls and lots of mud this would be advisable. But on concrete? On a hot summer day? Oh well, what do I know? I suppose there's no better moisturizer for your calves and feet than all-natural, organic sweat.

For men there was this:


BERLIN - JULY 19: Backpackers arrive to check-in at the Circus hostel Berlin on July 19, 2010 in Berlin, Germany. Millions of youth people taking a gap year between high school and college to see the world. Backpacking is the cheapest way to travel the world. (Photo by Andreas Rentz/Getty Images)


All right, I exaggerate. Their backpacks were not this big. You'd think they would avoid bringing anything. Take a cue from the guy who stood beside me. At least he made his mini bottles of alcohol fit into his pockets. Or maybe they had the right idea all along. I suppose, there's nothing like taking up as much personal space as you can at GA-only shows, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment