Monday, July 19, 2010

Dreams, Drinks, Diorama

Attended a very happy birthday party for my cousin-in-law over the weekend, hence the mirror-repelling, alcohol-induced eyebags. Great. People who are celebrating their birthdays are always creative when it comes to reasons for taking shots or pouring drinks. The permutations are endless, "ladies!" Followed by, "boys only!" And then, "everyone, holla!" Next is, "people with black hair," after that, "everyone under 33 years of age!" There's also, "people who like food," and, "people with legs." And before you know it you're feeling fur on your tongue and you're in trouble. Thankfully, the most trouble we get in these days is falling asleep with our shoes on while sitting on a chair.

Watched Inception last Friday. It was a beast of a movie. A barreling yet elegant beast with a jarring musical score to accompany it. I may want to watch it again and again. I watched it with my aunt who enjoyed the movie immensely. And by enjoy immensely, I mean almost jump out of her seat at the IMAX intro, lovingly hand me the cheesiest nacho chips, grab my wrist with her strong grip, yelp at exciting scenes which turned out to be every other minute as the whole movie was an exercise in exciting its audience. So, you there, yes, you. Go, already! Watch Inception, now!

Cast members (from L-R) Ken Watanabe, Ellen Page, Leonardo DiCaprio, Tom Berenger, Marion Cotillard and Joseph Gordon-Levitt pose at the premiere of Inception at the Grauman's Chinese theatre in Hollywood, California July 13, 2010. The movie opens in the U.S. on July 16.  REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni (UNITED STATES - Tags: ENTERTAINMENT)

We also checked out that swanky building in Bellevue called Bravern. While the mall was crawling with people, Bravern looked like a diorama. Although we did spot some sales people attending to ah, older ladies who were moving their walkers aside to try on some Chanel shoes at Neiman Marcus.

And since we're jumping topics every paragraph, I watched The Young Victoria on dvd last night. What a love story! I was a sniveling pile of snot and tears by the end of it. Emily Blunt is so talented, Rupert Friend too. Plus, he's really good looking. I put in another dvd called, The Eclipse, afterwards. It's a ghost story set in Ireland. Anyway, I ended up turning it off after about 10 minutes. No particular reason. I didn't get scared by that one scene, not at all. I just, um, yeah yeah, my butt started to hurt from sitting on the couch for too long and it was also really late.

That's all.


Cast member Tom Hardy attends the premiere of the film Inception in Los Angeles on July 13, 2010.   UPI Photo/ Phil McCarten Photo via Newscom

Well, hello there, Tom Hardy.

No comments:

Post a Comment