Monday, July 26, 2010

You Blink When You Lie: The Dead Weather at Capitol Hill Block Party, July 25, 2010



First impression: wow, Jack White is literally white. That man is pale. Actually all of Dead Weather are pale with eternal black hair. Their music, however, was not pale. It was loud and dirty and like Alison Mosshart sings, it will make you, shake your hips like battleships. Or, in the case of that mustachioed dude in black, blow smoke in people's faces and scatter cigarette ash everywhere.

This gave me an idea. From this point forward I will start a game (with no one else competing except me - super fun) and just insert as many Dead Weather song lyrics and titles in this post.

The Dead Weather killed it last night. I think I just died by the drop (see what I did there). They can M-A-N-I-P-U-late their audience into acting crazy like throwing flour tortillas around and crowd surfing with only one shoe. When you hear Jack pound those drums you'll want to hustle and cuss. They play the kind of music that begs to be listened to in dark, dingy places where they give you whiskey in cloudy glasses. Hearing Treat Me Like Your Mother, live was insane! Look at me now, I'm mad. HA HA! And I don't mean to judge but why would you bring children to this show, and then put them on your shoulders so that your family looks about 60 feet tall and no one can see behind you?

Well, that game got old fast.

I wonder if Jack's wife, Karen Elson ever gets worried. There is so much chemistry between Alison and Jack. It's like the air around them is just snapping and crackling and about to pop (aay... that was bad). Here's a picture of them using the same mic with their faces so close to each other.



NEW YORK - NOVEMBER 18:  (L-R) Jack Lawrence, Alison Mosshart, Jack White and Dean Fertita of The Dead Weather attend the 2009 mtvU Woodie Awards at Roseland Ballroom on November 18, 2009 in New York City.  (Photo by Bryan Bedder/Getty Images)



I'm really inspired by Alison's badass-ness. Watching her makes me want to backcomb the sides of my hair and get a lot of volume in there. Think about it, the wider the hair, the skinnier the body looks, right? That's an instant five pounds off. No really, I want to be a badass like her. I'm going to start by just kicking my pet... my pet rock, to the curb. Yeah, you leech, I've had enough of you. Go chip a windshield somewhere. And you know what else? I'm going to start wearing shoes on my carpet. How does that feel, you spoiled brat? Shoe on your face, bitch! And that neighbor with the loud mouth? I'm going to write her a note that says, keep it down, please. Thank you. But I'm writing it on the back of a used sheet of paper. How badass is that? Isn't that just nasty? Answer me! AM I A BADASS NOW?

* first two photos by I.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment