Saturday, March 27, 2010

Strangely Appealing

I've been seeing socks in a number of fashion editorials lately. So there's the model, as usual. Her eyes say, "aspire to be me," while her stomach says, "can I haz cheezburger?" Your eyes go down to her feet which are wrapped in thin socks and perched on a pair of HazMat heels. The socks say, "winter just ended." But the shoes say, "don't be stupid, it's spring."

I don't know if I like it. I don't know if I hate it. I want to say it's strangely appealing but when I open my mouth my tongue stops at, "strange..."



It's like this fall when shorts worn over tights were making an appearance. And I cringed yet I thought to myself, it looks kind of interesting, like your thighs say, "I'm warm," but the calves say, "I'm not."

This line of thought reminds me of someone I know who tells stories in the form of dialogue. And yes, the dialogue includes words supposedly spoken by pets and inanimate objects.

No comments:

Post a Comment