Thursday, June 6, 2013

Observations from an Exercise Bike

I have not been inside a gym for years. Until yesterday. My sister and I took a spin class at her gym, one of those fancy places with hotel style locker rooms and chandeliers (yes, chandeliers). Oh, you know, nothing like the sound of crystals tinkling and vibrating under a studio full of jumping, zumba-ing, kickboxing people. Now, I understand that the gym is not the place to bother with color coordinating outfits, perfect little tops, and aesthetically pleasing shoes. There's not a Workout Style Guide that everyone automatically knows. But, man, oh man. I mean, everywhere I looked I saw panty lines screaming at me. I am not even kidding. It was like, bam! Check out the deep line that divides my ass into this part, and this part. Wow! Now, I am not saying that I have never set foot inside the gym wearing underwear with seams that dig into my buttocks, but on those occasions, I would at least wear a shirt that's a bit longer. And how about them sweat pants? If there is a hole, and if you're no longer sure what color they were originally, may I suggest just wearing them at home and not outside? Again, I know you've already made the effort to go to the gym and power through a workout, I applaud that. But just between us goyles...won't a little style adjustment help us get into the spirit of things more?

Here, I made a thing, of the active wear pieces I would gather if I were to go to a gym regularly (no panty line panties included).


Workout wear aside, the spin class was a good challenge. I have questions, though. How does anyone sit on a bike comfortably? Is it normal that I think my butt bone is bruised? When the instructor says to PUSH HARDER and REACH DOWN AND ADJUST YOUR GEAR TO 90%, do thoughts like, I will kiiill you, and sira ka ba?! run through your mind? Is it good workout practice to visualize your dinner while pedaling? Okay, how about dessert?

No comments:

Post a Comment