Sunday, October 10, 2010

October!

October has arrived! I don't know why I put an exclamation point there. I'm not particularly excited about how time feels like it's passing so quickly. What I am excited about are those seasonal coffee flavors. I like Pumpkin Spice Latte. Eggnog Latte is also all right. But my favorite flavor which should come soon, is Gingerbread Latte.

I wish I had a Gingerbread Latte with me when my mom, sister and I were waiting at a government office last Tuesday, for a very important errand. What is it with government offices and airplanes that make strangers start talking to each other? Why are there graduates from the School of I Can't Keep my Mouth Shut everywhere?

So we sat behind this Frankenstein's Monster look-alike in a striped hoodie and actual bolts on his neck (just kidding, no bolts)who was chatting up a young lady who sounded like Mad TV's Ms. Swan. And you can tell, Swan is starting to lose interest but FM keeps chatting away about missing lab class and college and getting chased away by neighbors with torches. And then, Grandpa Beret next to them chimes in about his adult daughter who can still speak German and why, why, why must I not only listen but have all that information stew in my brain???

Now that I have that off my chest, actually, I don't, back to airplanes. Have you ever been seated in the vicinity of passengers whose only goal in an international flight is to ingest as much free alcohol as they can? Whatever, do what you want but keep your red-faced ebullience to yourself and if you can do that then I promise I'll stop stinking up the cabin with my silent-but-deadly farts, HA! Wait, I mean, I'll tell the person sitting next to me to stop because it's so offensive.

Here's Ms. Swan on an airplane:



P.S. Those rain boots I've been talking about? Love them! I almost liked the rain because my feet felt to secure and so... what's the word? DRY.

No comments:

Post a Comment