Friday, February 1, 2013

Plans for Plans

Here we are, in the second month of the year. I am happy to report that I did at least one new thing. I got my hair colored. For the first time, not counting that one time in high school. This one was done professionally. Chop included. I am also happy to say, that right on that day I done had herses I already managed to turn one guy's head. Yes, he was a toddler. And he was fascinated by the foils on my head, so what?

Another thing I did? My first two workouts of the year...check! Except, tell me I am not alone in this: when you do one workout in who knows how many months, and right before you look in the mirror you think, I'm so excited, I am so toned, and then you look at your reflection and wonder why you don't have abs yet. You're all, but I worked hard for 43 minutes. I'm super sore. Where is the muscle definition? Granted, a shower of food crumbs exploded as I unrolled my yoga mat but, whatever.

One day at work we got to talking about resolutions and if we make them, or keep them, or step on them, or put them in a box and throw them away. And I realized, I have not made a resolution in ages. Probably the only resolution I have been making, is a reminder to myself that reaching for the credit card in my wallet is not like winning a gunfight in a Western. I mean, really, hand, slow down, think about it for a minute. Which is why I have not shopped for a single item of on sale clothing (my weakness) in, um, well, whenever that last time was. It's been a while, I promise.

That train of thought got me thinking about whether or not I should make resolutions. Or, at least plans. Because, I tell ya, I am probably the laziest Virgo ever. And I don't want to depress anyone who is in the bud of youth, looking at the world with rose-colored pink eye, I mean contacts but, guess what darling? It's hard. Fantine said it best when she sang in that dark room while nursing a toothache. All right, just kidding (but not really). The point I am trying to make, and this is mostly to myself, is that there are ways out of all manner of ruts yet, especially ones you created yourself. So, let's make a deal, children, I'm going to lay off my overthinking, rejuvenate my lazy bones, maybe put a friendlier smile on in the morning, and you can keep your rosy contacts on.

Deal?

Here's a cheery song to keep us in a happy mood!

No comments:

Post a Comment