Tuesday, April 5, 2011

This Behavior's Not Unique

You guys, March flew by and I didn't even realize that this blog turned a year old last month.

What I learned, a year later, is that everything has chains. Absolutely nothing's changed.

Just kidding.

I just wanted to drop some song lyrics on all of you. Plus, today, one of the local radio stations, 99.9 KISW, is paying tribute to Kurt Cobain and Layne Staley by playing Seattle music from the '90s. So it's been Sickman and I Don't Know Anything and Lithium and Slaves and Bulldozers and Corduroy all day.

That song. I've always visualized myself getting so, so enraged that I'd start borrowing lines from Corduroy. Picture this, me, finger-pointing, breaking and kicking houseware while saying, I don't want to take what you can give! I would rather starve than eat your bread! Blahblah... I don't want to be held in your debt. I'll pay it off in blood... More throwing and kicking.

Just to be clear, in that little vision, I am also wearing a scarf around my head and movie star sunglasses.

Speaking of being enraged, I am absolutely hooked on HBO's Mildred Pierce. I've only just seen bits of Joan Crawford's version so the miniseries is still new to me. That Veda! If that Little Miss Bitchface was a real person, she would make a compelling argument against having children.

Going back to April 5th, I love this old video of Alice in Chains, when they were young and looked happy:

No comments:

Post a Comment